Close Menu
    Tripoli WireTripoli Wire
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Tripoli WireTripoli Wire
    Home » EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children
    Health

    EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children

    May 30, 2021
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte
    The European Commission on Friday authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children as young as 12, paving the way for a broader roll-out in the bloc after similar clearances in the United States and Canada. The decision comes after European Medicines Agency (EMA) backed the use of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year olds earlier in the day. The agency’s endorsement came weeks after it began evaluating extending use of the vaccine to include that age group. The vaccine is already being used in the European Union for those aged 16 and above. 
    EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children

    The EMA said two doses of the vaccine, branded as Comirnaty, were required in the 12-15 age group and should be administered with an interval of at least three weeks, the same as for adults, adding that it was up to individual EU states to decide if and when to offer the vaccine to teenagers. Distribution and administration of the vaccine by the EU member states will continue to be determined according to the populations identified in the EU and as per national guidance, Pfizer and BioNTech said.

    Related Posts

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola death toll tops 1,900 as cases rise

    August 11, 2026

    Obesity linked to 8.2% of Belgium deaths in new health report

    August 8, 2026

    Moderna begins Ebola vaccine trial amid DR Congo outbreak

    August 5, 2026

    Michigan reports first deaths tied to cyclospora outbreak

    August 4, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola outbreak reaches record scale

    August 3, 2026
    Latest News

    DRC Ebola outbreak sets national death toll record

    August 17, 2026

    The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has become the deadliest in the country’s history. Government data showed 4,945 confirmed cases and 2,325 deaths as of Aug. 16. Health officials recorded 101 new confirmed cases during the previous 24 hours. The death toll has now surpassed the 2,299 fatalities recorded during the country’s 2018 to 2020 Ebola outbreak. The latest figures deepen concerns raised days earlier as infections and deaths continued climbing across eastern DRC. United Nations humanitarian chief Tom Fletcher said the virus was killing one person every 30 minutes. The outbreak has expanded at an exceptional pace since authorities formally announced it in May. Confirmed infections had already surpassed the total recorded during the 2018 to 2020 outbreak by late July, making the current epidemic the country’s largest by case count.

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Total solar eclipse crosses Russian Arctic and Europe

    August 13, 2026

    International Youth Day 2026 puts youth inclusion in focus

    August 13, 2026

    Etihad sets December start for Abu Dhabi Gothenburg flights

    August 13, 2026

    Diesel prices rise as US and Europe fuel supplies tighten

    August 12, 2026

    Japan H3 rocket deploys Michibiki No. 7 into planned orbit

    August 12, 2026
    © 2026 Tripoli Wire | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.