Close Menu
    Tripoli WireTripoli Wire
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Tripoli WireTripoli Wire
    Home » Egypt discovers a large gas field in the Mediterranean – El Molla
    Sports

    Egypt discovers a large gas field in the Mediterranean – El Molla

    December 18, 2022
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte

    In the Nargis block in the eastern Mediterranean, Egypt has discovered a large gas field, according to Petroleum Minister Tarek El Molla. An evaluation is currently being conducted to determine the field’s reserves, he said in a briefing to a parliamentary committee. The Nargis offshore exploration block is one of four offshore exploration blocks in which Chevron and Tharwa Petroleum Co have operating interests in Egypt.

    Egypt discovers a large gas field in the Mediterranean - El MollaAccording to the Middle East Economic Survey, the recently drilled well contains 3.5 trillion cubic feet of gas. The Egyptian authorities have declined to confirm the details of the discovery. In 2015, Eni announced the discovery of the giant Zohr gas field, which could help Egypt position itself as an energy hub in the eastern Mediterranean.

    Related Posts

    Portugal fall to Spain as Ronaldo legacy closes

    July 7, 2026

    Brazil exits World Cup after Norway Round of 16 victory

    July 6, 2026

    Oyarzabal brace sends Spain past Austria at World Cup

    July 3, 2026

    Harry Kane lifts England into World Cup round of 16

    July 2, 2026

    Mexico advances after 2-0 win over Ecuador in World Cup

    July 2, 2026

    Norway reach World Cup knockouts with 3-2 Senegal win

    June 24, 2026
    Latest News

    DRC Ebola outbreak sets national death toll record

    August 17, 2026

    The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has become the deadliest in the country’s history. Government data showed 4,945 confirmed cases and 2,325 deaths as of Aug. 16. Health officials recorded 101 new confirmed cases during the previous 24 hours. The death toll has now surpassed the 2,299 fatalities recorded during the country’s 2018 to 2020 Ebola outbreak. The latest figures deepen concerns raised days earlier as infections and deaths continued climbing across eastern DRC. United Nations humanitarian chief Tom Fletcher said the virus was killing one person every 30 minutes. The outbreak has expanded at an exceptional pace since authorities formally announced it in May. Confirmed infections had already surpassed the total recorded during the 2018 to 2020 outbreak by late July, making the current epidemic the country’s largest by case count.

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Total solar eclipse crosses Russian Arctic and Europe

    August 13, 2026

    International Youth Day 2026 puts youth inclusion in focus

    August 13, 2026

    Etihad sets December start for Abu Dhabi Gothenburg flights

    August 13, 2026

    Diesel prices rise as US and Europe fuel supplies tighten

    August 12, 2026

    Japan H3 rocket deploys Michibiki No. 7 into planned orbit

    August 12, 2026
    © 2026 Tripoli Wire | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.